Update #1 - 20 Dec 06

Scheduled for June 2007
wildbill
Veteran
AEW Units: 963 AWACS 552 ACW
Call Sign: Wild Bill

Update #1 - 20 Dec 06

Post by wildbill » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:23 pm

I met with LTC Courtney Smith, the chief of the 30th Anniversary Planning Committee, last week to discuss what roles AEWA can play in the 30th. These are:

1. Host the 30th Anniversary web site at no cost to the planning committee.
2. Register the chosen domain name at no cost to the planning committee.
3. Configure basic web site and establish Domain Naming (DNS)
4. Provide account and assistance to 30th web developer.
5. Commission the 30th Anniversary Print.
6. Establish an email list like the AEWA list for 30th Anniversary announcements.

cya
wildbill

Monsterback
Veteran

Post by Monsterback » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:26 pm

I realize I'm some distance away from you, Bill; but if there's anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Michael Marsden

wildbill
Veteran
AEW Units: 963 AWACS 552 ACW
Call Sign: Wild Bill

Thanks Mike

Post by wildbill » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:46 pm

Monsterback wrote:I realize I'm some distance away from you, Bill; but if there's anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know.
I'll be sure to let you know.

cya
bill

donsummers
FNG

AWACS 30TH ANNIVERSARY PRINT

Post by donsummers » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:55 am

THANKS FOR POSTING THE SKETCHES AND INVITING INPUTS. THIS MAY BE A SCREWY IDEA BUT HERE'S A THOUGHT FOR CONSIDERATION.

TO ADD A MORE HUMAN ELEMENT TO THE PRINT. THE IDEA OF AN E-3 ON A RAINY RAMP WITH CREW DOGS UNLOADING OFF A BUS AND GOING UP THE STAIR TRUCK TO THE A/C DOOR DOING THE CLASSIC EARLY O'DARK THIRTY BAG DRAG WITH HELMENT BAGS, COFFE JUGS, TAPE CASES (PROBABLY DON'T EXIST ANY MORE) BRIEF CASES, ETC.

IT CONGERS UP A MENTAL SCENE THAT PROBABLY EVERYONE WHO FLEW AWACS CAN RELATE TO IN SOME FORM OR ANOTHER, IRRESPECTIVE OF RANK OR CREW POSITION. WE ALL DID IT AT ONE TIME AND I'M SURE ITS STILL DONE TODAY AND WILL BE IN SOME FORM OR ANOTHER AS ALONG AS AWACS FLYS.

WHETHER IT IS AN E-3A IN 1979, WHEN I STARTED AT TINKER OR WHETHER IT'S A E-3B/C TODAY, THE EARLY O'DARK THIRTY BAG DRAG OUT TO PREFLIGHT AND LOAD UP FOR ANOTHER LONG SORTIE IS AN EXPERIENCE WE ALL RELATE TO.

MAYBE A CURRENT E-3B/C IN THE FOREGROUND OF THE SCENE DESCRIBED ABOVE AND AN GHOST E-3A A LITTLE FURTHER DOWN THE RAMP WITH A GHOST CREW DOING THE SAME BAG DRAG IN THE BACKGROUND.

OK,OK, OK,.....I'VE HAD TOO MUCH COFFEE AND THIS IS GETTING A LITTLE CRAZY ....BUT YOU ASK FOR INPUTS....WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS OF THE IDEA. CHEERS...DON SUMMERS