Pre-Yukla 27 video of tail #0354 in Alaska

E-3, E-3, E-737, E-767, EC-121, etc.
Dago Redd
Veteran

Pre-Yukla 27 video of tail #0354 in Alaska

Post by Dago Redd » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:58 pm

I hardly ever post to the forums; thus, I don’t really expect a reply, etc. However, I thought I should mention this particular item.

I was duplicating a personal DVD of mine for a friend who is interested in all things aviation, and I just realized that I've never mentioned HERE that I possess this DVD. I borrowed Superdave's video camera (Dave Myers, ART extraordinaire) while we were both stationed at Elmendorf in the spring of 1994. For some reason, I thought it a good idea to capture on video a typical E-3 P-sortie so I'd have it years later after I retired, which is indeed now the case.

So I filmed from the time the tug starting pushing the aircraft back for engine start all the way until the taxi in after the P-sortie. While I was burning the copy of the DVD for this friend, I was typing sort of in intro to include with it. So I put the original copy in another DVD player here to try and see if I could ascertain the tail number of the plane. I was kinda shocked to see that it was indeed tail #0354, which was Yukla 27 that crashed in the fall of 1995. It was, my friends, kind of a "twilight zone" moment :shock: to suddenly learn that the aircraft I filmed doing several touch and go's was the very same one that burrowed itself into the ground just a year and a half later.

Anyhow . . . if any of you would like a copy of this DVD, just contact Wild Bill, he knows my email address (in case it's hidden here), and I'd be glad to mail you a copy as long as you can include a valid mailing address. And, if you think of anyone who might want a copy of it, just let me know that as well.

Oh, the only caveat is that it's easiest for me to burn the entire DVD, since I’m no video expert . . . so unfortunately, there’s a copy of the Star Trek Voyager pilot show on the DVD, as well as part of some PBS documentary. However, the DVD opening menu is intact, allowing one to simply select and view the first feature on the DVD which is the AWACS video. It’s probably 30 to 45 minutes of video and includes the taxiout and the SOF checkout prior to departure . . . it also, from what I remember, includes a couple of F-15s departing. It's amateur video, thus it has a very soft jazz musical accompaniment that I no longer have the equipment to filter out. But, it is one-of-a-kind and so you folks are welcome to it if you want it. If I had the proper equipment, I'd make a proper Yukla 27 tribute DVD out of it . . . but alas, I have no such video studio available to me.

Jim R.
Dago Redd

Jrod
Veteran
AEW Units: 965,963
Call Sign: Jrod

Re: Pre-Yukla 27 video of tail #0354 in Alaska

Post by Jrod » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Jim You still around here? - Jrod

Dago Redd
Veteran

Re: Pre-Yukla 27 video of tail #0354 in Alaska

Post by Dago Redd » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Yah, mon! I work as a Production Technician at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Oil & Gas Division. I hope all is well with you, JRod! Good to hear from you again, I'm at dagoredd@hughes.net, you can reach me there anytime.

Cheers!

Jimbo