OPERATION:WINDBREAKER

General, Non-AEW chatter about just about any subject that is dear to your heart.

Talk it up folks....
EX964IFE
Veteran
AEW Units: 964th, 965th, 961st
Call Sign: EPR

OPERATION:WINDBREAKER

Post by EX964IFE » Thu May 01, 2008 8:08 am

:D As Paul Harvey says, "Standby for news..." AEWA Windbreakers may be in the future. "The Rest of the Story" will be in OPERATION:WINDBREAKER updates...

Meanwhile, continue to orbit til BINGO. PDT_Armataz_01_03

EPR

EX964IFE
Veteran

Re: OPERATION:WINDBREAKER

Post by EX964IFE » Fri May 23, 2008 4:12 am

:D OPERATION:WINDBREAKER Update: Here's the plan...

I'm looking into having a local (Midwest City,OK) shop produce various colored windbreakers with the abbreviated AEWA logo (wings, with the letters AEWA running verticle through the center) embroideried on the left front side of the jacket. In order to be successful, we'll need to obtain at least fifty (50) orders. I'm trying to keep the cost down. I'm hoping around $25 or less per jacket.

My plan is to color code the jackets to the various squadrons. The Air Forces wings will be silver thread and the Maritime Forces wings will be gold thread. Once the design is loaded into the computer it can be sewn on just about anything. Hats, Tee Shirts, etc... I need to get an idea on interest.

Standby for news... For you AWACers, continue to orbit til BINGO.

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:56 pm

OPERATION:WINDBREAKER Update:

(|:-) Mission Planning is complete.

We're there folks. Windbreakers are available. We just need 50 orders. See Wild Bill's E-mail dated 06/14/08. You, too, can answer the question "Hey, what kind of wings are those?" The good thing about this is now our maintainers can wear wings. As a matter of fact, anyone who's been in Airborne Early Warning can wear our wings. Any department of service, any country, anywhere. You can even choose your own colors. Let's get the word out. The Mission launches at 50.

Thanks, Wild Bill.

EPR

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:31 am

OPERATION:WINDBREAKER Update:

(|:-) O.K., Crew Dogs, "current intel" says we're halfway there on windbreaker requests. Looking good! Remember, we "launch" at 50. Once we get the requisite number of 50 (or more) we can send in the first order. (Sorry, the supplier can only give us the best price with 50 or more orders at a time.) Refer to Wild Bill's email announcement on 06/14/08 for details on requests.

"Standby for News". Pilot, put us in a Racetrack Orbit. Orbit til Bingo. We're going for it.

EPR

wildbill
Veteran
AEW Units: 963 AWACS 552 ACW
Call Sign: Wild Bill

Post by wildbill » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:49 pm

Still looking for more reservations for the wind breakers before we can place the order. Need a minimum of 50 and currently we have 33.

Check this link for details:
http://www.aewa.org/pipermail/aewa/2008 ... 02102.html

cya
bill

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 am

:D PROJECT:Windbreaker Update:

(|:-) Good news. Current Intel has our reservation status at 43 windbreakers. Seven more and we can start our first purchase order.

:!: Other News. Everyone, before we do the purchase orders please double check your size and color. Once the jackets are sewn all sales are final. No returns or refunds.

Visit http://www.aewa.org/pipermail/aewa/2008 ... 02102.html for description and colors avaiable.

Continue to Orbit... til BINGO. Figure 8 Orbit, anyone?

EPR

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 am

PROJECT:Windbreaker (Update):

:oops: Standby for news, CrewDogs. Appears we've run into an 11th Hour Mission Redirect. Our supplier (a local Midwest City embroidery shop) is experiencing difficulties and we're unsure if we can complete the mission as ordered. Be advised, we have not placed our order with the supplier. All investments are still with AEWA. We're looking at our options at this time. We may have to find a different supplier. We're looking at a company in Oklahoma City that's been around for 25 years. We'll keep you advised.

Navigator, plot a course for the tanker. Plot new orbit data and standby for mission redirect.

EPR

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:01 am

PROJECT:Windbreaker (Update):

(|:-) The rest of the story: Good news! We've found a new supplier out of state for our windbreakers. The prices appear to be about the same after doing the math. Once all pledges have been made good we'll send in the first order. We'll let you know of the order cutoff date. Bill may be sending you a final confirmation just before ordering. Please, double check everything; jacket size, jacket color, wings color, payment amount, mailing address, and yes, even the spelling of your name.

We're on a new course now for an extended racetrack orbit. We're waiting for the tanker. Call Tally Ho!

EPR

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:03 pm

PROJECT:Windbreaker (Update)

PDT_Armataz_01_06 Last Call, Y'all. We've reached our goal (50). Actually, we received over 60 requests. Cutoff is Friday, 08/01/08, at midnight. WildBill has sent out final reminders. The windbreakers will be ordered this weekend for all who sent in payment. (Hope everyone double checked their required info.) Expect about 4 weeks for processing and delivery. We'll need 12 or more requests for the next order. As far as we know the price will be the same. We'll let you know if it changes.

Talley Ho! The first phase of project is complete. Standby for tanker contact. (For all you old heads, excuse me, tenured seniors, no helmets or parachutes required.)

EPR

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:23 am

PDT_Armataz_01_06 CONTACT! Onload Complete. Standingby for new orbit data. Great news! Payments are in hand and WildBill has placed the first order for the AEWA windbreakers. We're expecting delivery in about 2 - 3 weeks. We should all be wearing our jackets by the first part of September. Group photos, anyone?  

(|:-) Thanks, everyone, for your patience during these last few weeks. During this project, there were a few unforeseen events that posed minor delays and even a possible mission scrub but, as always, WildBill adapted and overcame. The man is incredible. Thanks, again, crew dogs, for hanging in there for the duration.

Navigator, plot a course for a new orbit. MCC, orbit of preference?

EPR

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:47 am

PDT_Armataz_01_06 We're maintaining our orbit. Windbreaker orders are being processed by provider as I write. The first batch should be received at the end of the month and sent out the following week. We'll let you know, via e-mail, if any mission deviations develop. Be sure to check your e-mailbox for info from aewa.org.

Continue the orbit til Mission Complete or BINGO.

EPR

EX964IFE
Veteran

Post by EX964IFE » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 am

PDT_Armataz_01_34 We're leaving orbit, crewdogs. We're done here. Windbreakers are in hand. And are being packaged and stamped for delivery within the week. Appreciation is extended to each and every one of you for supporting your organization. Hope you all enjoy your windbreakers. Again, as always, thanks goes to WildBill for an exceptional job of crew coordination and mission accomplishment. "He saw his duty, and he did it". PDT_Armataz_01_22

PDT_Armataz_01_06 Front end, we're RTB... Nav, plot a course to return to base. This mission is almost over.

EPR

wildbill
Veteran
AEW Units: 963 AWACS 552 ACW
Call Sign: Wild Bill

Post by wildbill » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:22 pm

I don't know about all of those who purchased a windbreaker but I wore my so much this past fall and winter that my wife was tired of seeing it. Can't wait til cold weather returns!

cya
bill

PS - EPR - thx for the idea and all the help with this

EX964IFE
Veteran

Re: OPERATION:WINDBREAKER (Followup)

Post by EX964IFE » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Just wanted to let you crewdogs know that my three jackets are still being utilized. My prototype remains in my new KIA Rio. Remember, I use to keep it in my truck 24/7. It has weathered well. Appears to be in near mint condition. I must admit, Bill's idea of giving the wings "definition" (outlining) was an outstanding idea. The prototype is yellow (965th) with white wings (no outline). Still looks good - but the outline enhances the appearence on the other jackets (964th & 961st). So after, what, 7 years? Still holding up! Good quality. Still think a group photo would have been awesome... PDT_Armataz_01_34

EPR