Switch Action Script

General, Non-AEW chatter about just about any subject that is dear to your heart.

Talk it up folks....
AEW Units: 963rd

Post by robthefirefly » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:57 pm

i have a question for all you big brains out there. i am an ex crewdog (963rd 87-90) and am currently a programmer/comm officer with the 301st FW at Carswell (NAS FW JRB)....does anyone know if there was a name for the script/language that was used at the bottom of our screens everytime we used a switch action? i am currently a programmer and recently realized that scripts i used to use as an ast are very similiar to some of the languages i write. having been away from the console for many years now, i cant remember the syntax used when inititiating switch actions....but am thinking that my knack for writing code came from being a kick ass ast for the 963rd and exploiting every possible use for each switch action i had available to me. is there a specific name for the code or commands that we used on the jet?????

your buddy,
rob flores
(the one that was falsely accussed of being hawaiin and taking the t.v.'s from upper heyford...i was innocent and am hispanic....hyuck) :D

<!--EDIT|wildbill|Jan 10 2003, 03:54 PM-->
rob flores
"since 1965"

Post by Dillon » Tue May 20, 2003 4:47 pm

960th AST here. I have a buddy that knows the language pretty well, he is an AST as well and has self-taught the language. I'll ask him tomorrow for you.