Switch Action Script

General, Non-AEW chatter about just about any subject that is dear to your heart.

Talk it up folks....
robthefirefly
FNG
AEW Units: 963rd

Post by robthefirefly » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:57 pm

aloha,
i have a question for all you big brains out there. i am an ex crewdog (963rd 87-90) and am currently a programmer/comm officer with the 301st FW at Carswell (NAS FW JRB)....does anyone know if there was a name for the script/language that was used at the bottom of our screens everytime we used a switch action? i am currently a programmer and recently realized that scripts i used to use as an ast are very similiar to some of the languages i write. having been away from the console for many years now, i cant remember the syntax used when inititiating switch actions....but am thinking that my knack for writing code came from being a kick ass ast for the 963rd and exploiting every possible use for each switch action i had available to me. is there a specific name for the code or commands that we used on the jet?????

your buddy,
rob flores
robthefirerfly@hotmail.com
(the one that was falsely accussed of being hawaiin and taking the t.v.'s from upper heyford...i was innocent and am hispanic....hyuck) :D

<!--EDIT|wildbill|Jan 10 2003, 03:54 PM-->
rob flores
"since 1965"

Dillon
Veteran

Post by Dillon » Tue May 20, 2003 4:47 pm

960th AST here. I have a buddy that knows the language pretty well, he is an AST as well and has self-taught the language. I'll ask him tomorrow for you.